Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Train Horns

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 67 degrees, high 85 degrees, partly cloudy skies, windy

The remnants of a hurricane that came into Mexico from the Pacific Ocean is projected to affect our weather to some extent over the coming weekend. The effects will be mostly rain, which the area doesn't need at this time. It would be great if the rain passed to the north of us.

Our travails with stuck components on the old reactor head continued at work today. Some progress was made, and we are making contingency plans for taking different paths to solve the issues.

Arrrrghhh! Another train just blew it's horn outside the window. Can you imagine how loud those horns are when you're only about 50 feet away from the train? Sometimes, they shake the RV as they pass. In fact, it's shaking now. If I never see another train after leaving here, it won't hurt my feelings.

It seems like I get home a little later every day because of the issues we're having at work. At least Carolyn is here to take care of the RV and cook for me. She had home made hamburgers for supper today, and they were just as good as ever. I tell her every day how much I appreciate what she does for me. Besides that, she's a pretty good bud.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Moorhead, Mississippi: The Home Of Johnny Russell

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: