Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Back To El Olmeca

Elkmont, Alabama

Weather: low 43 degrees, high 57 degrees, clear skies

The weather today was in marked contrast to yesterday: clear, calm, and slightly warmer. Tomorrow is forecast to be even a little bit warmer. Okay!

Lori and the grandkids were out until almost 2200 hours last night as they visited with John's mother in Huntsville. As a result, everyone but Lori slept late this morning. I think Lori got our early rising genes, as she always seems to be up bright and early.

After lunch, we went to my sister Judy's house to visit with her and and her husband Roger and daughter Traci. In Monday night's post, I said that Lori and the grandkids went to visit them that day, but I was mistaken. However, we did go visit them today, and it was the first time Judy and Roger had seen the grandkids in over three years. Needless to say, a lot of growth had occurred so they were amazed at how grownup the grandkids had become. It seems like you blink, and they are no longer kids. At least, in the sense of being small kids.

After a good visit, we headed back home, taking a route Lori had never been on before. They were able to see some different countryside, and get a feel for the different terrain in the county.

Tonight, we went to El Olmeca Mexican Restaurant in Ardmore for supper. Carolyn and I had been there before, and liked the restaurant. Of course, that was before my taste buds and appetite got messed up so bad with whatever is wrong with me. Everyone says the food was good, but I'll have to depend on their judgment for that. I could taste very little of mine, and only ate about a third of what I ordered. This is really getting old.

My doctor's office called today to see how I was doing and to let me know that they were still working on getting me in to have further tests performed in Birmingham. It's taking longer than expected because the doctor I'm supposed to see down there has been sick. I have an appointment with my doctor next Tuesday, and they are hopeful that they will have an appointment by then. It can't come too soon for me. I'm ready to be over whatever it is affecting me.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Natchez, Mississippi: Timeless Beauty…Ageless Fun

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: