Monday, March 28, 2011

Red Lobster

Elkmont, Alabama

Weather: low 39 degrees, high 48 degrees, cloudy skies

It rained most of the night again, even though we slept through most of it. At least there weren't any dangerous conditions like tornadoes coming out of this little bit of weather.

Since we don't know how involved or how long the medical testing will be that I undergo next week in Birmingham, we have been trying to take care of things that can be before we go. Things like closing a bank account that's no longer needed, which we did today. When we were in Florida last summer, we opened an account in order to have money available for a real estate auction we were planning to attend. Before the auction actually took place, the property we were interested in was taken off the market. The majority of the money was moved out of the account at that time, with enough left to keep us from having to pay a service charge. Enough time had finally passed that we could close the account without a penalty, which as I said, was completed today. One more thing finished to simplify life.

The account we were closing was with Wells-Fargo, which has several branches in Decatur. After finishing at the bank, I invited Carolyn to Red Lobster for lunch, which she accepted before I could change my mind. There is a Red Lobster restaurant in Decatur, so it wasn't a big deal to drive on to it.

Red Lobster is one of Carolyn's favorite restaurants, and I can take it or leave it. Especially now that it's so difficult for me taste anything. But, I need to keep remembering this is a two person partnership, and there are places she likes to go. So, today was my way of showing that I try to do things she likes, even if some of them don't give me as much pleasure as they used to.

Carolyn said the food was good, including her salad, biscuits, baked potato, and fried shrimp. I had the blackened catfish, which I assume was okay. At least I was able to eat it, as well as the potato. The salad was wasted on me.

On the way back to Athens, we stopped at an RV repair shop to talk to the owner about repairing the rubber seal around the rear window of our RV. The seal has come loose in the upper corners, and we would like to get it repaired before going to Birmingham in the event that we can use the RV to stay in if I have to spend any time at all down there for treatment. The shop folks said they could repair the seal by the end of the week if I could get the RV to them, so we'll move it on Wednesday if I have it in me.

Before going home, we stopped at the library in Athens to exchange some books. All set now on new reading material for a few days.

About lunch time, my doctor in Athens who is treating me for what I have ailing me called and asked if I would be willing to go ahead and have another test performed that might help in pinpointing what my exact problem is. Of course I said yes, so tomorrow, I see another doctor who will set up the test in the next day or so. I'll do anything or go anywhere they want, as long as it helps me feel better.

The rest of the day was spent resting, reading, and watching television. It was a productive day for us in several ways. Now, let's keep the momentum up.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Houston, Texas: The Bayou City

Not all who wander are lost.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is what i say, " I will do anything to keep going in this life" even travel 2 days for a doc appt. a lot of people dont understand that but has to be done.
good luck with all you testing and treatment. i hope your treatment is not bad and not many side effects as mine, good thoughts and prayers for you. kathy

Jerald said...

Thanks for the words of support. I understand so much better what you are going through.

Jerald