Sunday, March 13, 2011

Preps For Company

Elkmont, Alabama

Weather: low 43 degrees, high 70 degrees, partly cloudy skies

The weather continued to be nice, although we did start getting some clouds. Rain is supposed to come in tonight or tomorrow, but should not be as bad as it was a few days ago.

It's spring break for the schools in Texas, so our daughter Lori and grandkids Julian and Zoe are on their way up for the week. Our son-in-law John is involved with an outage at work, so he couldn't make it. They should be here late tonight after the blog publishes.

In preparation for the welcomed company, I went to the grocery store and stocked up on foods that Lori and her family like. In addition, Carolyn baked a bunch of cup cakes, so there will be treats to last a while.

After I got back from town and we had lunch, I spent the next two hours watching Florida get their butt kicked by Kentucky in the Southeastern Conference tournament championship game. On this day, Kentucky was clearly the best team. Florida was both outplayed and outcoached. Both teams will move on to the NCAA basketball tournament, where Florida will be a #2 seed. I think that's a little high for the Gators. As in, over-rated.

Once the butt kicking was over, I went outside without a jacket for the first time since early October and started trimming some shrubs around the porch and deck. The shrubs had been let go so long that I only got four of them trimmed. Carolyn came out about half-way through the job and gave me some guidance, which I needed. Plus, she helped me finish up what we did today.

At the same time as I was trimming shrubs, our niece Traci was mowing the yard. We really appreciate the help she is giving us while I'm having my medical problems. The work she did has the yard looking great. We plan to put some new plants out this next week while we're waiting on my medical tests in Birmingham.

I just described a rather mundane day for us. We would much rather be out on the road some where, looking to see what's over the next hill or around the next curve.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Bellingham, Washington: Let Us Surprise You

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: