Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Doctor Visit

Elkmont, Alabama

Weather: low 35 degrees, high 63 degrees, partly cloudy skies

There was no change in my breathing problems today, but we did more medical tests and saw the doctor. Tomorrow, I have another test in Huntsville, which I hope will complete the testing. Then, after all the information is reviewed, we should be able to come up with a treatment plan that gives me some relief from this mess. At least that's my hope.

We didn't get home from the doctor's office until after lunch. We rested for a short time, then Carolyn decided she wanted to wash the truck. Normally, that's my job, but with my health problems, I could care less whether it gets washed or not. I helped her get everything ready, then stood there holding the water hose as she did the washing. When rinsing was needed, I was able to do that. Between the two of us, we managed to get the truck washed, and it looks better. Of course, that will bring the rain, which is due here in two days.

Have I said lately how important Carolyn is to me?

Late in the afternoon, our niece Traci came by to see us. Traci is a trauma nurse, so she has been keeping us informed as to what my problems mean. By the time she left, I felt better about the situation I'm in. She is coming back tomorrow to mow the yard and do some work on the flower beds. That is stuff that Carolyn and I like to do, but this is not a good time for me to do it. Obviously, I'm going to pay Traci for what she does. If she didn't do the work, I would have to get someone else to do it.

The test I'm having tomorrow is a two hour MRI scan. I hope I can lay on my back for that long.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Toledo, Ohio: Detroit’s Right Hand

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: