Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Saw The RV Today

Elkmont, Alabama

Weather: low 38 degrees, high 60 degrees, clear skies

I had another restless night, as my breathing problems only allowed me about three hours of sleep. Up and down all night, I'm glad I can go to a room where it doesn't wake Carolyn up. I see the doctor tomorrow afternoon, after more tests in the morning. I have my fingers crossed that he will know what the problem is, and can prescribe something to take care of it.

This afternoon, I went to the RV park where we have the RV parked, waiting on us to come get her and go for a drive. I had to go pay the storage rent, but took the time to check everything out, at least as well as I could. The winter weather has made the outside of the RV dirty, so the first order of business when I get the okay from the doctor is to clean that up. Carolyn's first priority is to make sure we didn't get any unwelcome guests over the winter, like mice. It felt good to see the RV again, and will feel even better to hook it up to the truck and take off.

Before I went to the RV, Carolyn trimmed my hair. The last time I had it cut, the barber almost scalped me, leaving basically a stubble. I guess he never had classes in following what the customer asks him to do. I had asked him to cut it short, but leave enough to comb, even if only a little bit. Hah! Carolyn did a much better job. And she didn't cost me $13.00. The cost would have been fine if he had followed my directions.

Earlier in the day, we finished trimming the shrubs in front of the house. That little job took about twice as long as it should because of my breathing problems. But, it is done for now.

Tonight, I watched Florida and Alabama play a college basketball game. The two teams were tied for the lead in the SEC. The game was close in the first, with the score tied 30 to 30 at the end of the half. In the second half, Florida ran away with the game, winning 76 to 51. That means Florida has clinched at least a share of the conference championship, and if they win their next game or Alabama loses their next, Florida will be the champions. Very good team.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Clemson, South Carolina: In Season, Every Season

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: