Thursday, March 17, 2011

Nice Day

Elkmont, Alabama

Weather: low 39 degrees, high 70 degrees, clear skies, breezy

The weather was nice enough today that I spent some time in the garage, watching the birds build nests and people mowing and fertilizing their yards. Great weather, and it would be nice to have it like this all year.

The morning was uneventful, as Lori and the grandkids lazed around the house. At lunch time, they went to Huntsville to have lunch with John's mother. We were invited, but by that time I was starting to drag, so Carolyn and I stayed at home.

While Lori was gone, we did some minor housekeeping and clothes washing. In addition, we talked about what we would do once I'm diagnosed and treated for what's been wrong with me. Both of us want to take a road trip, but we're tempering what we want with the idea that it might be a little while yet before we can do that.

Supper was getting all the leftovers out of the refrigerator and using them up. I love leftovers (usually), but they didn't taste any better than any thing else I've been trying to eat. At least the refrigerator will be empty when Lori leaves for Texas in the morning.

I watched Florida play in the first round of the NCAA basketball tournament this evening. They easily beat the University of California, Santa Barbara, and are waiting to see who they will play in the second round on Saturday. If the Gators continue to play as well as they played today, they have the potential to beat anyone. Of course, I've seen them play when they stunk up the gym, so it remains to be seen how far they go.

Lori and the grandkids are going back to Texas tomorrow to get ready for school and work after spring break. It was nice having them here, and they are already talking about coming back in June after school is out for the summer. I hope I'm feeling better by then so we can get out and do some exploring.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Butte, Montana: Mining City

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: