Friday, March 25, 2011

Bad Day

Elkmont, Alabama

Weather: low 32 degrees, high 52 degrees, mostly cloudy skies, breezy

Notice the low temperature? We haven't seen any fields or gardens planted around here, and it looks like the low temperatures are why. Imagine a field coming up nicely, then frost kills the crop. That would have to be expensive in this day of high fuel, seed, and fertilizer prices.

Speaking of planting, Carolyn did a little digging in the dirt today. She loves to get her hands dirty, and this clay does a good job of it. She was able to finish planting the roses we bought last Saturday, as well as some bulbs she was given for Christmas. If love of plants makes these things grow, they will be championship quality.

I had a bad day, so far under the weather that I wouldn't have been able to see the sun if it was shining. About all I could do was be a gofer for Carolyn while she was doing her thing in the yard. In the middle of the afternoon, we had to go to town to pick up a few things to treat my symptoms. Normally, I go by myself when it's just to do what I did today, but Carolyn insisted on going so she could keep an eye on me. I'm glad she did, because she helped keep me alert.

Anyone that knows Carolyn knows that she has been advised to not drive because of her vertigo, and the issues it causes her. But, she is probably the best driver there is that doesn't drive. Her back seat driving is on a par with a championship race driver.

Her advice is the sort that would probably tick some people off, but I appreciate the help. In fact, I have come to expect her to help me drive. What caused her to be that way was her helping me watch the RV and traffic while we were traveling so much. There's no doubt she helped us avoid some problems along the way.

Moving on and hoping I'm not in too much trouble, after we had picked up what we needed, we went to McDonald's, where I bought Carolyn a mocha frappe' coffee. Since I hadn't eaten any lunch, she insisted I buy something, so I bought a southwestern salad. It didn't taste any better than anything else I have tried, but I managed to get half of it down. Tonight, I finished the rest, even though I almost gagged on it. I need to eat more than I am, so tomorrow will be an experiment with food, as we try to find as much as possible that I'll eat. It can't be eggs, grits, chili, and ice cream all the day. I need more fiber and vitamins.

Feeling bad caught up with me after 1700 hours, when I fell asleep watching the news. I can't remember the last time I took a nap that late in the day.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Eugene, Oregon: Track Town, USA

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: