Monday, March 14, 2011

Yard Work Finished

Elkmont, Alabama

Weather: low 50 degrees, high 68 degrees, cloudy with showers in the afternoon and in to the night

Lori and the grandkids arrived here late last night after a long drive from Texas. Schools are on spring break in Texas, so it was a good time for them to visit. After hugs and catching up with what's been going on, they went to bed for a well deserved rest.

I slept the best last night that I have done since about a month ago. By the time I got up this morning, I had gotten about six hours, even though I had to get up once for about an hour in the middle of the night. I hope I can build on that tonight.

Carolyn and I finished trimming the shrubs this morning, just before the rain came in. Traci came over and finished weed eating and trimming, and the yard looks good. The grass is still brown, but it is only a matter of time until it starts getting green. Which means more mowing. Yuk!

The little bit of work I did outside this morning wiped me out, and I actually took a nap this afternoon. No meditation, just sleep, and it felt good.

I still don't have any idea when I'll be going to Birmingham for my next medical tests. It would be nice to hear from the doctors down there, since I want to get over this mess so bad. Besides that, Carolyn needs my help, and I'm not much help for anybody at this time.

After supper tonight, Lori and Julian went to visit Judy and Roger. She has not seen them for almost four years so they had a good visit. She said they had a good visit, and she'll probably go back again before she leaves.

This morning, I saw a motor home leave the neighborhood with a car attached behind. Looks like folks up here are starting to get out and ramble. Sure wish we were on the road.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town -

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: