Sunday, March 20, 2011

Visited The RV

Elkmont, Alabama

Weather: low 48 degrees, high 77 degrees, clear skies

We enjoyed a slow morning, as I didn't get up until almost 0800 hours. What I didn't tell you was that I was up for about three hours last night, waking about 0200 hours and not being able to go back to bed until almost 0500 hours. I will be so happy when my medical problems are diagnosed and an appropriate treatment started!

After lunch, we attempted to plant the three roses that we bought yesterday at Lowe's. But, like many of the best laid plans...... We ran in to concrete in the flower bed where we wanted to plant the roses. Now, why in the world concrete is in there is beyond. The only thing I can think of is that when the house was built, excess concrete from the driveway was dumped in that area. The only way it can be fixed is to remove the mulch, pea gravel, and dirt, and then get the concrete out. That's too much for me to handle right now, so we'll find another place for the roses.

Once we got over wrestling with the concrete, we had to go to where the RV is stored so it could be moved to another spot. The campground has a rally coming in the first of April, and they need the spot where we had it stored. It felt sad driving up to the RV, knowing how much we have enjoyed the lifestyle, and wanting to be on the road now. The RV looked lonely sitting there by itself.

We got the RV hooked up and moved without any problems, other than that it took about three times as long as it should have because of my illness. While we were there, we checked inside, but didn't see any issues. I got up on the roof (over Carolyn's objections) to check the roof for caulking or other issues. Again, no problems found. Telling the RV bye, we headed back home.

For some time now, I have had no appetite, and never seem to get hungry. I know I need to eat, but most food either has no taste, or tastes bad, as in much different from what I remember. Here's how bad it has gotten: hamburgers taste awful. Now, that's the ultimate bad, considering how much I like hamburgers, especially those made at home.

In an offer to find food that tastes halfway decent, I have been trying different things. Such as eggs and grits, which I seem to do okay with if I eat them for breakfast. At lunch, I didn't want anything, but Carolyn talked me in to trying her corned beef sandwich. It wasn't too bad, but the Claussen pickle had so much taste it knocked the bad taste right out of my mouth. But, I can't live on pickles.

Tonight, I decided to try some Wolf Brand chili with a few kidney beans thrown in. The taste of the chili was so strong that it seemed to mask the bad taste, so I ate a bowl of it. Can't live on chili, but at least it's one more choice for the time being.

Stay tuned to see what I try next.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Daytona Beach, Florida: Way More Than A Beach

Not all who wander are lost.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have had this problem since i have been taking chemo some worse than others it is a problem for terrell to try to find something for me to eat as well. i feel sorry for him because no one understands why i can't eat. now it is meat can't seem to get it past my nose.
i hope you find something to eat b/c your weight does not need to be low when you are sick. you need to get some of that fat back on your bones. praying that you will find some solution to your illness soon. kathy

Jerald said...

I've lost enough weight that it is becoming a concern. I have not been this light for about 40 years. I wouldn't recommend this method of losing weight.

Jerald