Friday, March 4, 2011

Naps

Elkmont, Alabama

Weather: low 55 degrees, high 65 degrees, partly cloudy, windy

Sleep was a little better last night, as I only roamed the house for about four hours because of breathing problems. Now, if I can get that down to three hours tonight....

After a mid-morning nap in my easy chair, we went in to town to take care of some business that had been put off. Our RV insurance had gone up about $300 a year, and was due for renewal on Saturday. I had previously done some comparison shopping, and found another carrier that would give us the same coverage for $200 less than what we are currently paying. I took care of getting the new insurance, saving the money I mentioned. While I was in the office, I was asked a lot of questions about RVing, including full timing. I love to talk about RVing with anyone, but had to leave soon because Carolyn was waiting for me in the truck.

Leaving the insurance office, we went to visit my sister Judy and her husband Roger. They had quite a scare two nights ago, when Roger had some problems with erratic heart beats. He has been battling cancer and other problems for several years, and they don't need that kind of scare. He has a great attitude, and always seems to be upbeat about what he's going through.

After a good visit, we went home and had lunch. Then, I gave in to temptation and had another nap. I used to meditate, but with my problems breathing and not being able to sleep at night, I'll take sleep any time I can get it, even if it's only a half-hour nap.

After the nap, our niece Traci came to the house and started trimming our trees and other shrubs. This is work that I normally like to do, but with my problems, we made a deal with Traci to help us out some until I'm more able to do it. Also, she will take care of the yard for us when we're gone with the RV. It's nice to have someone we can trust to do these things for us.

We had a bad experience for supper. Neither one of us wanted what we had to eat, so we went to town and picked up a couple of hamburgers at Hardee's. We brought them home to eat. When we got home, I discovered that our order was about as messed up as it could get. Plus, the food just didn't taste good. Another place to eat is crossed off our list. It would seem that they could get one of their standard orders right, but I guess not.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - San Francisco, California: Only In San Francisco

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: