Monday, March 21, 2011

Shop Work

Elkmont, Alabama

Weather: low 55 degrees, high 73 degrees, mostly clear skies, breezy

Carolyn became a dynamo in the house this morning, working on some cleaning left over from when Lori and the grandkids were here last week. I was little help to her, so I stayed out of her way as much as I could. Come to think of it, staying out of the way was probably a help to her.

While Carolyn was busy, I worked on our taxes a little, trying to make sense of what a CPA used to do for us over the last 25 years. I think I have it all figured out, and even entered all the data. Tomorrow, I'll double check the numbers and facts, then think about it a little. Then, I'll check again in a day or two. If everything seems good, in to the mail the return goes.

After Carolyn's morning of hard work, I felt I owed her lunch in town. So, we went to....drum roll, please......McDonald's, so I could try something different in my quest for food that tastes good, or at least doesn't taste as bad as most food does to me since I have been sick. What I had in mind was to try the McNuggets, along with one of their dipping sauces. No french fries, and no Coke, since both of those taste awful to me.

I know that McNuggets are not a premium piece of meat, but when you're trying to find anything that tastes half-way decent, you try just about everything. Well, I've got to say that the McNuggets didn't make the grade. After about three bites, the awful taste took over, and I couldn't get past it. Knowing I needed to eat something, I managed to get five of the nuggets down. Next, I decided to try their ice cream cone. That went fairly well, and would have been better if I hadn't already stimulated my taste buds with the chicken.

Before we came home, we stopped at the WalMart Mall to pick up a few more things for me to try to eat in the next couple of days, plus a few things that Carolyn needed for housekeeping. Then, it was back home for a well deserved rest.

In the afternoon, I spent a little time in the shop getting things neatened up. It took longer than it should have, but then everything does these days with me being sick. At least I'm getting some things done.

The food experiment tonight was taco salad, since that is usually one of our favorite meals. I thought that the spicy mix would overwhelm the bad taste. Not to be, as it was nothing like what I expected. I think what I may have to do with the salad is add one ingredient to the meat to see if that one triggers the bad taste, then add another and another until I can narrow the culprit(s) down.

So goes another day in trying to find something that tastes good to me.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Gordo, Alabama: Fat City

Not all who wander are lost.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my best thing i can eat is a sonic milk shake and so far that works. anything with high calories. try the boost of any of the liquid high calorie protein shakes. i could not get them down but maybe your taste for them will be different. will think of other things you might try that have worked for me. kathy

Jerald said...

The milk shake sound okay, I'll try it. I don't even like the sound of protein drinks.

Jerald