Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Baked Potato

Elkmont, Alabama

Weather: low 52 degrees, high 75 degrees, partly cloudy skies, breezy

I was up at 0200 hours last night, and was unable to go to sleep again until after 0400. At least I was able to sleep until almost 0800 hours, so there wasn't much sleep missed. And when I add in the nap from this afternoon, I did okay on sleep. Much better than I was doing as little as two weeks ago.

I thought Carolyn was through with her cleaning blitz, but that was a mistake on my part, as she continued her assault on the house. I should have realized that spring is here, and you know what that means. While she was working over the house, I went to the shop and swept the floor to get up the trash from what I was doing yesterday. Then, I did some touch-up painting on the shop door trim where the paint was peeling off. The next little project I did was to continue with the painting on the trim strips for the screened porch. That job wasn't finished, but I made a good start on it. It'll probably take two coats, since the strips are treated wood.

I tried a different dish for lunch today. Tuna salad was the choice, with a chopped egg, pickle relish, mayo, salt, and black pepper. I decided to try it by itself with no bread. Well, the first bite was fine, but everything after that was downhill. Eventually, I settled for some leftover chili, which worked.

After lunch, we went to the Dollar General at Elkmont to pick up a couple things that Carolyn wanted. When we were done at Dollar General, I went next door to the Piggly Wiggly, where I bought a couple of Klondike bars for us, as well as some ice cream on sticks. I also bought a couple of moon pies in another attempt to find something I can eat. We ate the Klondike bars, and they were okay, but there seemed to be just a touch too much chocolate. I know there's usually no such thing as too much chocolate, but with my taste buds messed up like they are, it was today.

When we got home, I was so tired that I took a nap of about an hour. The naps help me now, but are an indication of how bad I feel. I see my doctor tomorrow, and we hope he can begin to answer a lot of questions we have.

As we were trying to come up with something for supper for me, Carolyn suggested a baked potato without anything on it. In the past, I would have said no, but I'm searching for food, so I said okay. I added salt and pepper to it, then just a touch of taco meat. Nope, that didn't work. The potato by itself worked, so I added a touch of butter. That worked all right, so I added more butter and finished the potato. So, one more food I can eat, even if it is a little bland.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Tupelo, Mississippi: All American City

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: