Saturday, March 26, 2011

Feeling A Little Better

Elkmont, Alabama

Weather: low 46 degrees, high 24 degrees, cloudy, rain all day

The rain started about 0200 hours last night, and has continued with varying intensity all day. As with most spring weather that passes through this area, we had severe thunderstorm warnings, flash flood warnings, tornado warnings...... About the only thing we haven't seen is hail, but the night is still young.

I felt a little better today than I did yesterday, but that's not saying much. We went to town to pick up a few groceries, concentrating on stuff that might stimulate my appetite. Things like fresh fruit and vegetables, fish, trail mix, and vegetable juice (V-8), which tastes pretty good. At least for the present. The taste may change completely tomorrow.

I felt well enough that I asked Carolyn to let me cook supper, which turned out to be oriental beef stew over rice, one of my specialties. I had to rely on Carolyn to do the final taste test, as my taste buds were not up to the task. I think the dish turned out okay, since I didn't hear any complaints from Carolyn.

While Carolyn was doing some genealogy, I watched college basketball on television. Florida played Butler in the NCAA basketball round of eight. It was a very good game, going to overtime. Butler won in overtime by three points, and will now play against Kansas. Ouch! Florida's season is finished. Now I'll start following spring sports.

The springtime is beautiful up here, with the different trees, shrubs, and flowers blooming. Here are a few examples of what I mean.









More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Columbia, Tennessee: Old South Charm, New South Progress

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: