Monday, March 7, 2011

More Tests Coming

Elkmont, Alabama

Weather: low 38 degrees, high 48 degrees, cloudy

Just when I thought my breathing problems were getting better, I had another bad night with little sleep. This is so frustrating!

My doctor called me today to give me the results of the medical tests that were performed last week. He saw what he expected, but also saw other things that raised more questions. He recommended that I have one more test performed, which I would have to go to either Atlanta, Nashville, or Birmingham to have performed, since the capability for the test does not exist in this area. I chose to go to Birmingham, since it's closer, and we're more familiar with the area. I'm not sure when the test will be performed, but shouldn't be there more than over night, if that. I should hear in the next day or so when I need to go. Once that test is completed, a comprehensive treatment plan will begin. I hope.

When I have a bad night, like last night, I tend to take things easy, trying to nap and get over feeling like my eyes are full of sand. So, taking it easy was the order from Carolyn for the day, at least until just before lunch. Then, we went in to town to the WalMart Mall to pick up a few groceries. While we were at the Mall, we decided to buy some brownie mix so we can bake some brownies in an attempt to find something that tastes good to me. Since I have been sick, nothing tastes good, and I have lost more weight than I need to. I'll let you know how good they taste to me tomorrow.

When we left the Mall (have you noticed how much prices have gone up?), we stopped at the library to check out more books. By the time I stopped looking, I had found seven books to bring home. Some good reading ahead.

When we bought the new home base, one of the conditions of the purchase was that all of the bottom sashes of the windows would be replaced. We knew that the replacement sashes would have to be ordered and manufactured, so we didn't worry too much when it wasn't done right away. Well, here it is almost three months later, and no new sashes. Yesterday, I left a message for the person who sold us the house about my concern. Today, he called and said that the windows had been ordered in November, and the people who were going to replace them were supposed to have gotten in touch with us to arrange a time for installation. Needless to say, that didn't happen. The seller was very apologetic, and he said he would call the installers and get it set up. I believe what the seller says, but I wish he had followed up on his end of the deal a little better. OH, well. As long as we get the sashes replaced..... I think we have been patient long enough.

And, now a couple of pictures of the beautiful trees up here. This first one is of two flowering pears in our front yard.



Here's a tulip tree we saw down the road from our place.



Finally, another picture of one of the old cabins that we find in our travels.



More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Andrews, North Carolina: Preserving The Past, Looking To The Future

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: