Wednesday, March 9, 2011

More Medical Stuff

Elkmont, Alabama

Weather: low 50 degrees, high 58 degrees, cloudy, rainy

It rained hard all night, with showers continuing today. The rain finally stopped about the time the sun went down, and it looks as though it will clear up with cooler temperatures.

I had to go to Huntsville this morning to pick up some medical records associated with the tests I had performed over there last week. The records will go with me to Birmingham when I go down there for further tests. Carolyn decided to stay at home, and used the time I was gone to do some housekeeping that I seem to get in the way of.

When I got back to Athens, I had to go by my doctor's office to have blood drawn for lab tests to check some things that might be affected by the medicine I am taking. While I was there, I was given more records to take to Birmingham. They had already sent the records down by fax, but wanted to ensure that they got there in case something happened to them before I got there. As the nurse said, too much is better than not enough.

It was lunch time by the time I got home, so we scrounged up some leftovers. It doesn't matter what I eat now because one of the symptoms of what's wrong with me is a loss of appetite. I have a loss of appetite, big time, and it seems nothing tastes good to me. It's frustrating, because I like to savor my food, enjoying every bite. I wasn't overweight before I got sick, and in the last few months, I've lost about 20 pounds. Carolyn worries about me, but once I get well, I think my appetite will come back. At least I hope so. I didn't realize how much pleasure I got out of eating.

The rain kept us in today, plus I felt bad after the long drive. After lunch, I took things easy until late in the afternoon, when I helped Carolyn prepare supper. Again, no appetite, but I made an attempt to eat because she feels better about me if I do.

Oh, and we worked on some genealogy stuff today. Carolyn has traced her maternal side back to the 1500s in Wales, England. We saw some of that information today and added it to the tree. We also found a little bit of information on my paternal side, but have still not made the breakthrough needed to go further back in time. Were they outlaws?

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Williams, Arizona: Gateway To The Grand Canyon

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: