Sunday, August 23, 2009

And The Rain Came

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 78 degrees, high 97 degrees, heavy rain showers in the afternoon

I decided to try to help these folks here with their dry weather. The best way I know to help them is to wash the RV or truck. It was the RV's turn today. About three hours after I finished washing the RV, heavy showers passed through the area. I looked at the weather radar, and was surprised to find that this rain came from a little cloud that was local in nature. Looking at the rest of the state, it appeared that this was the only rain occurring. How about that? Am I good or what?

Since I will be reporting to the temporary job tomorrow, I spent a little time today making sure everything was ready. Clothes were taken out of storage because I had been wearing nothing but causal clothes for the last two years. Clothes like t-shirts, shorts, jeans, etc. Everything that needed it was pressed, and shoes were cleaned up. Paperwork was put in order. I think I'm ready to go.

Late in the afternoon, my brother Terrell and I went to play golf, and the quality of play left a lot to be desired. I guess that's to be understood, since today was only the third time I have played this year. Looking on the bright side, I was able to spend some time with Terrell. If I really stretch the good things, I could say I lightened the load on the RV because I came away from the golf course with less golf balls than when I arrived.

Good night, Dear.

More later, be safe.

Today's State - Arkansas: The Natural State

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: