Friday, August 28, 2009

Low Water Pressure

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 77 degrees, high 96 degrees, mostly clear skies

I slept in a little while this morning, and it was 0630 hours before I got up. Sure felt good to get a little extra sleep. I hope I'm starting to get used to the trains, because they didn't seem to bother me as much last night.

I took a long walk this morning, then decided to do the laundry. On the way over to the laundry, I stopped at our dentist's office and made an appointment for my six months checkup. Before going on to the laundry, I made another stop at the old Bay City train depot and took a couple of pictures of the train depot and a caboose. This depot was built in 1905 and was used for many years. It has been designated as a Texas historical site and belongs to the city. There does not appear to be anything happening to the building to capitalize on it's history or unique construction. That's a shame, because this area needs all the boosting it can get.

Located in front of the depot in the middle of the street is a caboose that was given to the city. The caboose seems to be in good condition, but again, this appears to be a lost opportunity to boost tourism for the city.

I finally arrived at the laundry and got my clothes in the machines. About an hour later, I was finished. On my way home, I stopped at McDonald's and had a small hamburger for lunch. Then I went home and put everything up. By then, it was time for some meditation, which has been lacking since I went back to work. Oh, well. I guess I can put up with no meditation for a few weeks. This won't last forever.

Once my meditation was finished, I decided to tackle another project. Most people who live in RVs have a problem with their water pressure at one time or another. The water lines in the RVs are only rated for about 50 psi, and we are advised to use a water pressure reducer so the pressure doesn't damage the water lines. The problem with the reducers is that they usually reduce the pressure so much that the water hardly runs. In an attempt to have water pressure that is more dependable, I have been looking for an adjustable water pressure gauge that I could install on the water faucet in place of the reducer. Then I could adjust the water pressure to 40-50 psi and have pressure that was adequate and consistent. I have been looking in this area for what I need, but haven't found it. I decided to go to Rosenberg, where Home Depot and Lowe's are located to see if they had what I needed. No luck, and I even tried some hardware stores along the way. I'll keep looking for what I need, because it sure is hard to wash my hair with the pressure so low. And I don't have much hair left to wash.

Late in the afternoon, I went over to Lori's house and visited with her and her family. School started again this week, and they were all tired. We decided to go out to eat, and ended up at Victoria's again. It wasn't bad, and I ate all of mine. Usually, I have some left over to bring home. Not today.

By the time I got home, it was time to call Carolyn and check in with her. Everything's fine in Tuscaloosa, except that Thomas went to visit his dad this weekend, which means it's quiet at Terri's house. Carolyn says it's nice to have the quiet for a change.

Good night, Dear.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Rosenberg, Texas: The City That Works

Not all wander are lost.

No comments: