Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Not Quite So Busy

Tuscaloosa, Alabama

Weather: low 73 degrees, high 89 degrees, mostly cloudy skies

During my walk this morning, I stopped at the gate house and had a nice conversation with one of the park hosts. Mike has been doing this type of work for a couple of years. He and his wife own a home about 100 miles south of here. He would like to sell the house and go to full time RVing, but his wife does not have the same zeal about it that he does. I advised him not to push her about it because most women will dig their heels in if they're pushed. He is thankful for the times they are able to get out and travel, and says his wife seems to enjoy it, too. He has asked me a lot of questions about Texas, so they may stay there this next winter.

We worked on Terri's stuff again today, but were able to do it all at home. The truck was never started up today, and I didn't complain. It seems as though I have been on the road all the time since we came back to Tuscaloosa. The work on Terri's stuff didn't take all day, which gave me time for some meditation. This afternoon, I did some cleaning on the outside of the RV, concentrating primarily on getting the bugs off the front end. If I have time tomorrow, I'll work on it more.

Carolyn prepared supper at home, which consisted of chicken strips with salad. Very tasty food. Dessert was pecan pie. Ummm, ummm, ummm, good! After supper we watched a movie that I checked out from the library. Tonight, Carolyn is watching a couple of her favorite shows, Ghost Hunters and Ghost Hunters, International.

Today was a little more relaxed, and we're not as tired as we have been lately. I hope this trend continues.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Dallas, Texas: Live Large, Think Big

Not all who travel are lost.

No comments: