Thursday, August 13, 2009

New Mattress In RV

Tuscaloosa, Alabama

The first thing to do today was get the old mattress out of the RV and take it to the Salvation Army. When I say old, I meant that it was getting the mattress out that we no longer have a use for. It is still usable, and maybe someone less fortunate can use it.

Before I went to the mattress place to pick up the new mattress, we stopped at Terri's apartment to help her with some more of her stuff. Part of that help involved me doing some errand running to several places. Then we did some work at the apartment and visited a little. The last stop before heading home was at the mattress store to get the new mattress.

When we arrived home, I brought the new mattress in with a lot of straining and huffing and puffing. Once I got it inside, Carolyn helped me get the mattress placed on the bed frame. Then we put linens on the new mattress and it was ready to sleep on. This new mattress is so much easier to make up. Why didn't we do this sooner?

I talked to Lori, our daughter who lives in Texas, this afternoon. They are back from vacation in Florida and had a great time. She is a science teacher, and is starting ready to go back to school in a little more than a week. She sounds a little like the kids, who say vacation wasn't long enough. Of course, she has many more responsibilities than the kids do. In addition, she took some classes this summer, so her time away from school wasn't that long.

After supper tonight, we watched a French language film that was sub-titled in English. Normally, I don't care to watch French movies, and I like sub-titled movies even less. For some reason this particular movie ( A Very Long Engagement), about a French girl's belief that her fiancee' was still alive after World War I, even though she received an official notice that he had died. The movie told of her search for her sweetheart, and all the dead ends and road blocks she encountered along the way. The end was a little different from what might be expected, but still not a bad ending. If you get a chance to see the movie, it's worth the effort. If I watched it, that's saying something.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Nashville, Arkansas: Peach Capital

Not all who wander are lost.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh you sofisticated dog you

Jerald said...

You make me blush.

Jerald