Wednesday, August 12, 2009

New Mattress

Tuscaloosa, Alabama

Weather: low 73 degrees, high 91 degrees, partly cloudy, showers late in the afternoon

In a post earlier this week, I mentioned the difficulty we have in changing the bed linens on the king size bed that came with the RV. The king size mattress is stuffed into a space that was realistically engineered for a queen size mattress. The big mattress takes up all the available room, leaving hardly any room to make the bed up. Today, we went in to town with the goal of finding a new mattress. At the third place we went to, we found the mattress we were looking for at the price we wanted to pay, and bought it. Since the weather looked a little like rain and we hadn't taken out the other mattress, we paid for the new one and will go back tomorrow to pick it up. Putting another mattress in that better fits the space will take care of a major gripe we have both had, since we bought the new RV.

I had to remove the fifth wheel hitch from the truck so the mattresses will fit. While I was out doing that, our next door neighbor Rick came outside. We talked for a few minutes, and I commiserated with him about his broke air conditioner, especially during this hot, muggy weather. We had an air conditioner break while we were on the Oregon coast in 2004, and it happened during the two hot days a summer that the area gets. I offered to loan Rick our RV repair book so he could see if any of his symptoms are listed and what the possible causes and repairs might be. He has a new thermostat being mailed to him, but maybe the symptoms fit something else that may be the problem. I hope the manual helps.

There are so many ways for people to communicate today that it almost boggles the mind. E-mail, instant chat, cell phones, texting, Twitter, Facebook, the old fashioned land lines, blogs, fax...... I can remember when the US mail or a telephone call was the only way to communicate. I guess I'm starting to embrace all of it, because today I finally started reading Facebook pages. I look at it as another way to keep up with family and friends. Does that mean I'm ready to start a Facebook page? Not yet, but you never know what will happen.

More later, be safe.

Today's State - Georgia: The Peach State

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: