Monday, August 24, 2009

First Day Back At Work

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 79 degrees, high 96 degrees, mostly clear skies

The alarm on the clock went off on schedule this morning, waking me for my first day of paid work since June of 2007. Paid is the operative word here, since I have been busy doing work that I didn't get paid for. Maybe it's my imagination, but this paid work seems easier than what I was doing and not getting paid for it. We'll see how I feel about it when I start putting in those 13 hour days. It looks like this little job will last 8-10 weeks.

As soon as I entered the work place, I started seeing people I knew and had worked with before. I'm sure this is going to continue. This first day was composed of training and orientation, with a little more training scheduled for short times on Tuesday and Wednesday. The place I'm working requires a security background check, so it may be a few days before I can go out and work by myself. In the meantime, I'm sure there will be plenty for me to do.

The first day ended at 1730 hours, and it was after 1800 hours before I got home. I had some supper, then changed my clothes and went for what used to be my morning walk. Some adjustment is in order since I can't quite get up early enough to go walk and then get ready for work in the morning. It was hot, but there was a nice breeze that helped with cooling. When I arrived back at home, I called Carolyn and caught her up on the first day. She says everything is going well in Tuscaloosa, and Terri and Thomas are doing fine.

Good night, Dear.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Elgin, Texas: Sausage Capital Of Texas

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: