Monday, August 3, 2009

A Normal Life For Kids?

Tuscaloosa, Alabama

Weather: low 74 degrees, high 92 degrees, mostly clear skies

Our day started early, with me going back to Birmingham. My issues with Birmingham and the roads and traffic have been written about enough, so I won't go into that again. I was at my destination by 0820 hours, and then had another stop in Vestavia Hills. I was back in Tuscaloosa by 1230 hours, and stopped by the library to return some books and videos, as well as check out more. Then one more stop to take care of some insurance business and it was on the road back to the campground. Lunch was a little late because of being so busy.

After lunch, we continued working on Terri's stuff, and didn't finish until about 1900 hours. Another long day, but it was productive. At least I shouldn't have to go back to downtown Birmingham.

As I work on this post, Carolyn is watching Jon and Kate Plus 8. What a tragedy that their problems can't be worked out because the people who will be hurt in this are the children. One thing I have a problem with on this program is that they say they're raising their kids normally. How can it be normal to have cameras watching every move they make? How many normal kids take part in all the things these kids do, such as being on The Today Show and Oprah, all the neat vacations and places they go to, and on and on? It appears to me that these people are deluding themselves.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - West Pittston, Pennsylvania: The Garden Village

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: