Tuesday, August 4, 2009

One Of The Things I Like About RVing

Tuscaloosa, Alabama

Weather: low 73 degrees, high 93 degrees, mostly clear skies

Surprise, surprise! I had to go back to Vestavia Hills today, and Carolyn went with me! The surprise is not that I had to go to Vestavia Hills, the surprise is that Carolyn went with me. It was nice to have some company on the drive. Especially company that means as much to me as she does.

The work continued on Terri's stuff, but we stopped early today. There are more long days to go, but we'll take a shorter one whenever we can. Carolyn and I decided to eat out tonight, since we weren't so tired. After talking it over, we decided to go to a Mexican restaurant a few miles away from the campground. I've been a little leery about trying Mexican restaurants in this area since our last time about eight months ago. The one we went to tonight was part of the chain we went to last, but this time was better. Maybe it was what we chose last time that turned us off. Tonight was a much better experience, and we enjoyed the meal. Is it as good as what we would expect to find in Texas? No, but then it's hard to find Mexican food outside Texas that is.

Late this evening, I was strolling around the campground when I walked up on two men fine tuning a satellite dish. Since I have a little experience, I stopped to see if I could help. They said no, that they had just finished up. As we continued talking, it occurred to me that this chance encounter with strangers was one of the things I like about RVing. We talked about all sorts of things and solved a few of them. At least to our satisfaction. By the time I moved on, I had been invited to stop back by anytime. If someone gets lonely while RVing, that condition can usually be fixed easily by just getting outside and talking to the first person that walks by. Or, even better, raise the hood on your truck and just wait for people to stop and see if you need any help.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Memphis, Tennessee: Barbecued Pork Capital Of The World

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: