Monday, August 10, 2009

Good Buy At Sam's

Tuscaloosa, Alabama

Weather: low 72 degrees, high 91 degrees, partly cloudy skies - it was a sweltering day

Today was laundry day, and we managed to get two loads completed. The campground only has one washer and one washer, so it takes time to get done. Plus, if anyone else wants to use the machines, we have to share them. We have one more load to do, and we'll get it done tomorrow.

I had several errands to take care of in town. Carolyn decided to go visit Terri while I was busy running around town. My first stop was at K-Mart, and then the post office. From the post office, I went clear across town to Sam's to get the tires on the truck rotated and balanced. While I was waiting on the truck at Sam's, I meandered through the store and found a heck of a buy on men's shirts. To give a couple of examples, I bought an Izod golf shirt with a pocket for $3.50, and a Van Heusen shirt for $4.00. Outstanding! I guess you can tell that I can get a little excited about a good buy.

My last stop was at the library to return some videos and books. Making a quick tour through the library, I found another book and three videos. I went by to pick up Carolyn, and to visit with Terri and Thomas a little. Thomas starts back to school tomorrow, and he didn't look very happy. Once he gets back into the routine and starts seeing his buddies again, he'll be okay.

Rick, the campground volunteer that I wrote about a couple of days ago must be having problems with his air conditioner. I saw him up on the roof of his RV earlier today, and now his windows and door are open. That's tough in this muggy, hot weather. I hope he gets it repaired soon. I'll ask him if there's anything I can do to help tomorrow.

More later, be safe.

Today's State - Alabama: The Heart Of Dixie

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: