Thursday, August 6, 2009

Senior Pass

Tuscaloosa, Alabama

Weather: low 71 degrees, high 90 degrees, mostly clear skies

We spent most of the morning working on Terri's stuff at home. Then we went into Tuscaloosa about lunch time to return some books to the library. While we were at the library, I picked up some books and another movie.

When we stay at COE parks, we receive a discount of 50% off the rates because of the Golden Access card Carolyn received several years ago when we were in New Mexico. The card is good in several different federal agencies which have camping facilities. Those agencies include the COE, TVA, Forest Service, National Parks, and others. Some states also give the discount to holders of the card. I have been looking for a place to buy a card for myself for awhile, and today we went over to Brent to the Oakmulgee National Forest office in Brent. They sold me a senior pass for $10.00 that is good for life, and can be used in all the agencies listed above. Can you imagine the money we have saved over the years on camping? And now we have more flexibility since I have a card. That means if Carolyn doesn't want to do something, I can still do it and save money. As the kids say, sweet.

It struck me on the way back from Brent that I purchased the senior pass in the town where my father was born in 1917. I don't know what the significance of this means, but it must mean something.

We stopped at Sam's Club on the way back and picked up a pizza for supper and a couple of other items. Since we picked up a new movie, we had a movie and pizza tonight. Nice evening with good company.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Brent, Alabama: Building Opportunities

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: