Saturday, August 22, 2009

Luch With Julian And Zoe

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 75 degrees, high 97 degrees, mostly clear skies

When we were parked in Coker, at one time our next door neighbor was Billy Plowman. We received the sad news today that Billy passed away yesterday after a hospital stay with heart problems. Billy was a simple man that we considered a friend. Unfortunately, he had friends that took advantage of him for a long time. I hope those friends were there to give him comfort when the time came, but I have a feeling they weren't. We'll miss him.

Remember in last night's post that I washed the truck? Remember what usually happens when I clean up the outside of the truck or RV? It usually rains, and not long afterward. Well, yesterday was no exception. About 2200 hours, a heavy shower went through the area. As dry as it has been here, I'm sure my little contribution was appreciated. Next on the agenda is to wash the RV. That should bring on a little more rain.

I couldn't find the sewer hose coupling I needed so I could empty the gray water tanks, so I went over to Lake Jackson this morning and picked one up. That's a long way to go for one part, but I didn't have a choice. The coupling was installed this afternoon, and now I can dump waste water.

When we're in Bay City, we try to go to K-2, a popular restaurant. I invited Lori's family to go, but Lori was working at her school, getting her classroom ready for the start of school on Monday. However, Julian and Zoe went with me, and we had a great time. It's amazing how quickly our grandchildren are growing up. Julian is a senior in high school, Thomas is in the eighth grade, and Zoe is in the seventh grade. I can remember when they were still in diapers.

Good Night, Dear.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Chattanooga, Tennessee: River City

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: