Thursday, January 22, 2009

86 degrees

Glen Rose, Texas

Weather: low 30 degrees, high 86 degrees, clear skies most of the day, then partly cloudy late in the afternoon

86 degrees on January 22!! Can you believe that? Sure feels better than the temperatures we have been experiencing the past couple of months.

This morning, I went for a walk with Jerry and Joyce, the owners of the RV park where we are staying. They step out pretty good, and we were finished in less than an hour.

When I returned home, Carolyn got an appointment to see our family doctor about some problems she has been having with her left shoulder. The doctor's office said they could see her at 1000 hours this morning if she could make it. So we hotfooted it to Glen Rose and the doctor said he didn't know what the problem is. He said it could be arthritis or a rotator cuff problem. I'm voting for the rotator cuff. X-rays were taken, an MRI was scheduled for next Tuesday, and she is waiting for an orthopedic doctor's office to call with an appointment time to see him. Hopefully, therapy will be enough to take care of the problem. A few years ago, I had a rotator cuff problem, and therapy helped me a lot. Surgery was avoided, and I have no pain at all at this time. I still do the exercises that were given to me in therapy, and intend to keep doing them.

I thought the doctor's visit would take 15 minutes or so, but it took more than an hour. We came home and rested for about an hour, then went to the WalMart Mall in Granbury to pick up some groceries. Business seemed slow at the Mall, and we were able to move right along and finish up quickly. After we got home, I took care of a couple little chores. And then I had time for a little meditation before supper. Tomorrow, if we feel like it, we may go to Fort Worth for the RV show. There's no telling what we might find there.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Port Townsend, Washington: City Of Dreams

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: