Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Icy Cold

Glen Rose, Texas

Weather: low 28 degrees, high 32 degrees, cloudy, winds 10 t0 15 mph, freezing mist and rain

As can be seen by the weather, it has been a day to stay inside. The weather started the day cold and and wet, and did not get any better. Instead, it got colder as the day progressed, and the low tonight is forecast to be 20 degrees. I'm glad I don't have to go anywhere.

About 1100 hours, I decided to see if I could take a walk, but had to cut it short after I had walked about half the distance I normally do. It was just too cold with the wind and freezing mist. By the time I got back to the RV, my face felt like it would freeze.

Since we didn't want to get outside too much, we puttered around inside. I did some surfing on the net, some reading, a lot of meditating, watched television.... Carolyn did much the same as me, but she also did something a little more productive by preparing a pot of chili. The chili was really good and hit the spot on this cold night.

Carolyn was supposed to have an MRI performed on her left shoulder today, but that appointment was delayed by the hospital until Friday because of the weather. That's okay with us because we didn't have to get out in this mess.

I worked on trying to edit Carolyn's I-POD, but didn't get much done. These technological marvels seem to be getting the best of me. I know I'll get it mastered, but it sure seems to take me more time than I thought it would.

I don't have much to talk about today. Maybe we'll do better tomorrow. In the meantime, we'll try to stay warm.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Waldo, Arkansas: Home Of Travis Watkins, Medal Of Honor Winner

Not all who wander are lost.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My 3yr old granddaughter can help you navagate through your I Pod she is a master and has taught me. Can you imagine I just sit in awe watching her do all these electronic devices and wonder how she knows.

Jerald said...

It's amazing how quickly the young ones master the electronics. It's a little harder for us older kids. At least it is for this kid.

Jerald