Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sitting Back

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 56 degrees, high 62 degrees, cloudy, fog

No matter how much we try to do something interesting every day, some days are going to be like this one, especially when we have weather like this. Today was one of those days where we didn't want to get out in the wetness, so we stayed at home. Is this what we want to do with our time? No, but sometimes it's best to just sit back and let the weather have it's way. We'll try to find something more interesting to do tomorrow. Of course, whatever we find to do won't have to be much to be more interesting than today.

Now, having said what I have so far, I went for my usual walk today, followed by breakfast. For some reason, I had no interest in reading the newspaper, so didn't pick one up. I decided the Internet would be my source of news for this day, as it is for most days. Most of the time when I buy a newspaper, it is to check the sales inserts and store ads.

After breakfast, I worked on the computer, consolidating files and getting rid of stuff we no longer needed. It's amazing how the computer can get bogged down with stuff that's not needed. Recently, I added a program that cleans the registry on the computer whenever I want it to. And the good thing is that it only takes about 10 seconds from start to finish. The name of the program is CCleaner, and it is a freeware software tool that removes unneeded or unused files from the system. Windows runs faster when using this program, and we would not be without it.

After supper, we watched a movie with Tom Hanks from early in his career, The Money Pit. It has been a long since we saw this movie, and it was just as good as the first time we saw it. Not a bad way to end a slow day.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Mineral Wells, Texas: North Texas Hill Country

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: