Friday, January 30, 2009

Dinosaur World

Glen Rose, Texas

Weather: low 25 degrees, high 67 degrees, clear skies, breezy

Happy Birthday, Denise.

I added a new element to our blog today. Look at the left hand side, and you'll see a map of the USA with a number of the states colored in. This map indicates the states that we have spent at least one night in with our RV. Some people use these maps to show the states they have been in, whether they stayed in their RVs or not. We choose to just show the states that we have stayed in the RV at least one night. Overall, we have been to many more states than what we have colored in, and we hope to start adding more states with the RV in the near future.

Carolyn went to town with our friend Denise today, so I decided to take a trip into Glen Rose and go to the newest local attraction. This area is known as the Dinosaur Capital of Texas because of the large number of fossils found here, as well as dinosaur footprints in the bedrock of the Paluxy River. Hoping to tag onto the area's reputation, a museum was built that relates the history of the dinosaurs. Most of the museum is located outside where life size models of about 100 dinosaurs have been built. The attraction is called Dinosaur World (catchy name). Here's some pictures I took.















The models that I took pictures of are supposed to be full sized representations of what scientists think the dinosaurs looked like. I think they may have gotten the colors wrong, but who knows? If I had to choose a color or colors that the dinosaurs were, I would choose something about the same as modern day elephants. Most of the models were huge, but I think the ones I would have been most afraid of if I had lived back then would have been the small ones because they could be quiet sneaking through the brush. Brrrr! Gives me the chills to think about those things hunting me.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Glen Rose, Texas: Dinosaur Capital Of Texas

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: