Monday, January 12, 2009

Yard Work

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 26 degrees, high 51 degrees, freezing fog early, then mostly clear skies

It was cold enough this morning with fog that I decided to hold off on my morning walk. Instead, I took the laundry down to the laundromat and washed it while Carolyn was taking care of the house cleaning. We are planning to leave here this weekend on our way to Texas, so we want to make sure everything is washed up. We'll probably wash the clothes that need it on Friday so everything will be clean.

On our way to Texas, we plan to stop in Hope, Arkansas to visit my brother Keith and his family. Our families are spread out like most in this day and time, and we take every opportunity to visit family whenever we can.

After lunch, I went for my daily walk, and it made a lot of difference in my comfort level by waiting until the middle of the day. By that time, the temperature was up to about 43 degrees, versus 26 degrees early this morning.

In addition to washing the clothes, I went out to Terri's house to do some yard work. The yard looks pretty good, considering that it is wintertime, but I trimmed the wild onions and picked up some limbs that had fallen out of the trees. There was some evidence that people are still viewing the house, even in this bad real estate market. It would be great if the house would sell before we get back here after our trip to Texas.

For some time, I have been looking at GPS units. The thing that makes it hard to buy a unit is the sheer number of manufacturers and the number of models each manufacturer has available for purchase. There are cheap ones, but I wonder how good they are, compared to the ones that are more expensive. Then, there are models loaded with all kinds of features, but I wonder how many of those features does the average person use. With all the looking I have been doing, it looks like the best models are made by Tom Tom, Magellan, and Garmin. I guess I'll just have to go eeny, meeny, miney, mo........

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Silsbee, Texas: Our Roots Go Deep

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: