Wednesday, January 14, 2009

An Offer For Terri's House

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 26 degrees with heavy frost, high 49 degrees, clear skies

Carolyn likes cold weather, and the next couple of days should be a treat for her. Our lows are forecast to be near 12 degrees, with highs near 34 degrees. Tomorrow should be especially nice for her, with a wind chill forecast in single digits. Brrrr!

I picked up the parts needed to repair a toilet at Terri's house this morning when I went for my walk. Then it was out to the house, where I found that someone was there looking at the property. I rode by a couple times, but they never left. Finally, I received a call from the Realtor telling me that a very interested party had been there for two hours, and was still looking. I decided to go back home and wait for them to leave. About 1430 hours, I went back to the house and made the repairs.

After supper, the Realtor called me and said the interested party had made a written offer with earnest money. Terri needs to obtain some information for the prospective buyers, which will be done tomorrow. If everything works out, it will be a great relief for us to have this house sold.

The readers may be wondering why I am so involved with this house. Sometimes, I wonder the same thing. Actually, Terri has never been involved with anything like this, and she asked if we could help her. So, there you are. I'll be glad to see this finished.

At this time, it looks like we will be leaving here for Texas on Saturday or Sunday. That may change a day or two, depending on the weather.

More later, be safe.

Today's town - Butte, Montana: The Richest Hill On Earth

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: