Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Homemade Hamburgers

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 28 degrees with heavy frost, high 51 degrees, partly cloudy

My sister Judy and her husband Roger live in Athens, Alabama. I called Judy this morning to see if she and Roger were going to be at home tomorrow if we visited them. She told me that they would not be at home because Roger will be receiving a chemotherapy treatment for the cancer he has been fighting for several years. Roger has been through some difficult times, and he is in our thoughts and prayers.

Carolyn had a doctor's appointment this morning for a followup on the treatment for the nodules on her calves. Good news - the nodules on her left calf are much smaller, and the ones on her right leg have disappeared. The locations where the biopsies were taken are healing well, and she does not have to return for a month. The doctor has not been able to determine what caused the nodules, but several theories have been tossed around. We don't care what caused them as long as they don't return.

When we left the doctor's office, we went to Sam's Club to pick up a few things we needed. We were back home by 1100 hours, where we rested for a little while. Then I went out to Terri's house to repair a leak from one of the toilets. Unfortunately, I found that I'll need to pick up some parts at Lowe's, and I'll have to wait until tomorrow to do that. By the time I got done with that chore, it was getting too late to take my walk. I'll try to walk tomorrow before I repair the leak.

I talked to Terri's Realtor about the house today, and she said that they continue to have a lot of interest from prospective buyers. Enough about interest, let's have a closing. I know the real estate market is a little slow now, but let's get it done. Three parties are scheduled to see the house this week, so maybe something will happen.

I charged up the battery on the I-POD today so we can use it when we start traveling. While the I-POD was charging, we listened to Roy Orbison doing his greatest hits. He had a voice that was unlike any other.

As we have said several times, we are always looking for the perfect hamburger. We have come to the realization that we have probably had the best hamburger right here at home. Carolyn makes a hamburger that is mouthwatering, and we have not found one to beat it in our search. We had one of Carolyn's creations tonight, and the good thing about it is that she made enough for lunch tomorrow. Perhaps we should change our search parameters so we are looking for the best hamburger we can find made away from home.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania: Flood City

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: