Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Back In Texas

Glen Rose, Texas

Weather: low 24 degrees in Hope, Arkansas, high 81 degrees in Glen Rose, Texas, clear skies

My brother Keith and I met for breakfast this morning before we left Hope. This was the most time we had been able to spend together with just the two of us in several years, and I really enjoyed the time with him. We had some great conversation, and the food was pretty good.

We left Hope about 1030 hours this morning. Our route led us south on I-30 through Texarkana. The good road and weather conditions made for an easy trip down through Dallas and on to Glen Rose via US 67. We arrived in Glen Rose about 1600 hours. After greeting everyone, we pulled into our space, set up the RV, and took a break. After a half hour or so, I set up the satellite dish. Got to keep Carolyn happy about what there is to see on television. I will have to do some repairs on the dish tomorrow because of a worn out bolt, but at least I got it working tonight.

Did you notice the high temperature of 81 degrees today? It feels so good to be warm and able to do things outside without freezing. I'm not sure how long this good weather is going to last, but we'll enjoy it while we can. Another thing we noticed about the weather is that there has been little rain here recently. The area is under an outside fire ban.

I received some sad news this evening after we arrived at the RV park. Ben Roush, an old friend and work buddy of about 20 years passed away in his sleep last night. He was from our old hometown of Ocala, Florida, and was the ultimate Florida Gator sports fan. I'm glad he was able to see the Gators have their recent success in sports. If there is a Gator team wherever Ben is, I like to think that he is their team manager, providing support and backing in their endeavors. Rest easy, Ben. Our sympathies go out to his family and friends.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Glen Rose, Texas: The Dinosaur Capital Of Texas

Not all who wander are lost.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How long are you guys in town? Call me if you want to get together.

Tim

Jerald said...

I'll be in touch soon.

Jerald