Monday, January 5, 2009

I Bought A Golf Bag

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 53 degrees, high 56 degrees, cloudy, fog, rain early in the morning, misty all day, rain steadily after 1600 hours

Today was another wet, rainy day. I was able to get my walk in between showers without getting too wet. Is it ever going to clear up?

We did what we could inside, since the rain kept us from doing anything outside. I have several things planned to do to the RV and truck once the weather gets better. After lunch, I went into town to pick up a few groceries. While in town, I decided to go to a thrift store, more to kill time than anything else. Imagine my surprise when I saw that the store had several golf bags for sale. I looked them over several times, trying to decide if I wanted to buy a used bag, or wait and get a new one. Finally, I asked the cashier if she would take less than what the price was marked on one of them. Frankly, none of the bags did much for me. She said she couldn't change the prices, and the manager was the only person who could. He was off today. Then she said two more bags were coming out in the next five minutes if I wanted to look at them.

I looked at the new bags, which were in good shape, and found one that was hardly used for $10.00. The bag is a Ben Hogan bag that cost about $100.00 when new. I bought the bag and brought it home with me. I think I can get over the trauma of having a used bag, especially when I think about the money I saved. My golf clubs will have a place to ride safely, instead of laying in the front compartment in the RV. And think about it. Isn't it just like a golfer to buy golf equipment when he can't play?

Now, I need to find a new set of clubs. My old ones are 17 years old, and I think I used up all the good shots that were in them.

As I write this post at 2100 hours here in Alabama, it is raining again.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Hoquiam, Washington: Gray’s Harbor’s Friendliest City

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: