Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sleep Problem

Glen Rose, Texas

Weather: low 37 degrees, high 48 degrees, clear skies, breezes to 10 mph

Occasionally, I will have problems sleeping through the night. Last night was one of those nights. I woke before 0300 hours and couldn't go back to sleep. At 0400 hours, I decided to go into the living room and read so I wouldn't wake Carolyn. At 0500 hours, I felt sleepy and went back to bed. I finally went to sleep and got up about 0730 hours. Don't you hate it when you have one of those nights? At least I didn't have anything planned where I had to get up early.

We decided to go to Burger King in Glen Rose about 1000 hours to get breakfast. This particular Burger King restaurant is our favorite for that chain because it is clean. We seldom go to Burger King when away from here because we are usually disappointed with something about them. That's not the case here.

After eating, we decided to see if there were any major changes in the Glen Rose area since we were here last November. We noticed two new hotels that were being built have been finished, but none of the five that have been built in the last four years seems to be doing very well. It may be the time of the year, or it may be the economy, but there does not seem to be enough business in the Glen Rose area for five hotels. And that doesn't count a couple of older motels and RV parks. Maybe they know something we don't.

With the clear weather, the visibility across the hills was very good. Even with the winter season we're in, the views are outstanding. The hills are dotted with cedar and oak trees and a type of yellow grass that seems to accentuate the green of the trees. When the rock ledges, valleys, mesas, and rolling hills are added, we consider this to be a scenic area.

I took my walk in the afternoon, and it was a pleasant time in the sun. Light breezes, sunshine, cool temperatures. Nice. When I got back from the walk, I did a couple of little chores that I had been putting off. Then I watched a little college basketball, which I like better than the pros. The pros don't seem to know how to play defense, and I like the spirit and effort that the college players put into the game. After all those little things, I started working on our tax return for 2008. We still need some information, but with what I did today, it shouldn't take much to finish the return when I get the information.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Forks, Washington: Logging Capital Of The World

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: