Friday, January 2, 2009

Rainy Day

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 45 degrees, high 58 degrees, cloudy, rain showers

It was raining when we woke up this morning, and continued intermittently until about noon. The clouds hung around all day, but I was able to go for my walk after the rain stopped.

When we saw what the weather was like, we decided to stay at home and continue the cleaning and consolidating that we have been doing the last few days. With what we did today, we only have the closet left, which should be done tomorrow.

I had to go to the library to return some books, and decided to take the opportunity to update some software on the old computer. That took about two hours, and I also picked up more books to read. When I got back home, I had a snack, then updated our expenses spreadsheet for the year. That led to seeing how our investments performed (or underperformed) for 2008. We're down a little, but it could have been much worse. I shudder to think what kind of shape we would be in if we were down like some of the stuff I'm hearing on the news.

Today was not a day for doing much outside, but we managed to stay busy.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Seadrift, Texas: City Of Murals

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: