Sunday, January 18, 2009

One Year Of Blogging

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 45 degrees, high 60 degrees, showers before daybreak, then clear skies

Today is a milestone for the blog. I started the blog one year ago as a way to allow family and friends and anyone else that might be interested follow along on our adventure through life. At the time I started the blog, we thought we would be traveling more than we have. However, when we came to Coker last year, we found that our daughter Terri and grandson Thomas needed our help to get through some tough personal problems. Terri and Thomas are doing much better, and their house sold last week. They are going forward with their lives, and that means we will be starting to travel again. In fact, we are leaving here tomorrow on our way to Texas.

The blog has been something that I have enjoyed doing, and I have posted every day except for about a week when our computer crashed last summer. Sometimes, it seemed as though every post was about working on Terri's house and property. If you think that was boring, you should have been here doing the work we were doing. When I retired, I never dreamed that I would do work as hard as the house required. And I didn't get paid for it. At least when I was still employed, I got paid for my work. Please don't take what I am saying the wrong way. We don't regret helping Terri and Thomas. We have enjoyed our time with them, and plan to spend a lot of time with them in the future. Again, however, we will be doing more traveling, and that means some real adventures for the blog.

Speaking of the house, we went to it for the last time today. We had a few things there that we wanted to get before leaving tomorrow. The most important thing on the list of things to pick up was the last of the boiled peanuts that we put in the freezer last summer. Terri met us at the house and we helped her get most of what she was taking away. She still has a few things to pick up, but will do that next week. We expect to be back here in 3-4 weeks, and the new owners will be moved in.

When we returned to the RV, I started doing preparations for travel on the outside of the RV, while Carolyn did the same on the inside. Getting ready to leave in the morning should not take much time, and then it's back on the road again. Yeee haw!

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Clanton, Alabama: A Good Place To Visit, A Better Place To Live

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: