Friday, November 20, 2009

Almost Finished

Luling, Louisiana

Weather: low 53 degrees, high 67 degrees, cloudy skies, sprinkles late in the day

I spent most of the day doing more interviews and reading plans as I finished gathering the information needed to write my report. Tomorrow, I'll write the report as I sum up what I saw and heard this past week about the planning efforts for the outage planned for the spring of 2011. The reader might ask why evaluate the planning efforts this far out from the outage, and the answer is that these folks have never been through something like what they'll be doing in 18 months. They need all the help they can get to pull it off. Will their efforts be successful? Absolutely. The hope is that what I am doing will help them conduct a world class outage, and not a merely adequate outage.

I was offered another long term job today that would last for about two years. I appreciate the confidence that people have in my talents and abilities, but I don't want to work that hard anymore. Besides, if I took another long job, I might be there by myself. Just kidding (I think) but Carolyn says I'm too old to keep working like that. Can you imagine her saying that? Me getting old?

Even though the weather warmed up to 67 degrees, it seemed damp outside and I felt cold all day. I hope it's not a sign that I'm getting a bug. I'm seldom sick, and when I do feel under the weather, I hardly ever go to the doctor. Besides that, I don't have my personal nurse here to take care of me.

When I called Carolyn tonight, she was having supper with Lori and her family at their favorite Chinese restaurant in Bay City. I could hear all of them raving about how good the food was and what I was missing. Just for that, I had a chicken sandwich for supper. That'll show them.

Good night, Dear.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Waco, Texas: The Heart Of Texas

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: