Friday, November 13, 2009

Last Day Of Work

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 54 degrees, high 80 degrees, clear skies

The project I am working on finished the major work last night. The only tasks left are to clean up and put away equipment being used in the next outage, about 136 days away. It’s been a tough job in many ways, but we worked through the issues and the unit should be starting up in a couple of days.

This was my last day at work, so I spent some time saying my good byes to friends and co-workers. I have been asked to return for the outage in the spring, and accepted the job. My report date at this time is still undecided, but will probably be about March 1. That gives us some time to do the things we want to do, like get our medical stuff finished for the year, and spend some time in the Texas hill country. We’re also planning on Christmas in Bay City, so we’ll be busy doing our thing. I’ll have the time and energy to start walking again, and might even get to where I can sleep until 0500 hours. I could stand that.

After getting home from work, I still had time to get a hair cut, which was needed. It had been about eight weeks since the last one. Then I returned home for some meditation, which I haven't been able to do for the last three months. Tonight, we went out to eat at Bay Town Seafood in Van Vleck. It's been a couple of years since we ate there, and I had forgotten how much food they give you. I ordered the four pieces of catfish, along with cole slaw, french fires, and hush puppies. Carolyn had the fried shrimp, which consisted of nine large shrimp, french fries, a salad, and hush puppies. I was able to eat less than two pieces of fish, while Carolyn managed three of the shrimp. I know what we'll have for lunch or supper tomorrow.

I'm going to stay up as late as I can tonight in hopes of being able to sleep later tomorrow. I'll probably be wiped out by 2100 hours.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Arley, Alabama: Surrounded By Beautiful Lake Smith

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: