Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Plans In Jello

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 52 degrees, high 78 degrees, clear skies

The project at work continues to move right along, and we are starting to see the daylight at the end of a tunnel that seemed without light for a long time. Our plans have firmed up more to the point that they are more in the Jello stage than in the smoke stage. At this time, it looks like my last day on the project here will be Friday, November 13. Wait a minute. It seems I remember a popular series of horror movies with Friday the 13th in the title. Should I leave or stay on the 13th? Well, since I'm not superstitious (at least I don't think I am) I'll go ahead and leave. That will give us three days to get everything ready to leave here and get over to New Orleans to fulfill that commitment. Once that little job is finished, we'll come back to Bay City for Thanksgiving with Lori and her family, as well as Terrell and Kathy if they are here. After Thanksgiving, we'll go to Glen Rose for our annual physicals. We're not sure how long the doctor will keep us tied down, but if we have time before Christmas, we'll spend some time in the Texas Hill Country.

It may be my imagination, but I think the economy is picking up. What do I base that opinion on? There are more trains passing by the RV, and they're longer. That barometer seems to be as good as anything the government economists use to make their declarations. By the way, there's a train passing by as I write this sentence. It's so close, the RV is vibrating. When we come back for Thanksgiving, we're probably going to find a place a little quieter. It may not be as convenient, but there's something to be said for quiet.

I was talking to one of the people I used to work with, and he asked me where we were living. I replied that home was wherever we were, and that we take our home with us. That answer seemed to puzzle him, and I explained that we were full time RVers, with all that entails. He seemed intrigued when I said that if we didn't like a place, we moved. If we don't like a neighbor or the noise or whatever, we can move. If we get bored, we find another place to go to. If we visit family, we take our home and all our comforts with us. In other words, in most ways, we are footloose and fancy free.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Greenville, South Carolina: G-Ville

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: