Saturday, November 14, 2009

Easy Day

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 56 degrees, high 80 degrees, partly cloudy skies

After a breakfast of pigs in a blanket, we lazed around the RV until 1230 hours, when we met Lori and her family for lunch at Victoria's Mexican Restaurant. John was there, even though he has to be at work tonight. This was the first time we had seen him since the outage started, since I was working days and he was working nights. I might have passed him one time on the road as I was going home and he was going to work. Anyway, it was good to see all of them again, and the conversations covered a wide range of topics. We enjoyed the get together.

I had the usual chores to take care of around the RV, and took care of a couple of other things so Carolyn won't have to do them while I'm gone to New Orleans for a week to take care of a consulting job. This afternoon, I watched college football and saw Florida extend their unbeaten streak to 20 games in a row. South Carolina played them tough in a game that could have gone either way until Florida intercepted a pass in the fourth quarter that led to a touchdown and sealed the win for the Gators.

It was a restful day, and I'm looking to more of them when I finish the short job in New Orleans.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Carthage, Texas: Gas Capital of The World

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: