Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Plans Coming Together

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 57 degrees, high 78 degrees, clear skies

Only two more early morning wake ups for this job. Getting up at 0400 hours is probably the hardest thing about what I’m doing now. The long hours are tiring, but it took awhile to get used to waking that early after not working for two years. Once I get to work, I’m fine. The constant interaction with people and demands of the job keep me alert until I get home. After eating supper, I slowly start to decompress so that when it’s bedtime, I don’t have any problems going to sleep.

Carolyn and I are still discussing whether to take the RV to New Orleans or if Carolyn will stay here while I’m over there taking care of a job commitment. I should be able to finish the job in 7-10 days, and we plan to be in Bay City for Thanksgiving. If she goes with me, she won’t know anyone there, and I’m sure the long hours alone will start to wear on her. This would be an easy decision if we were going somewhere else after New Orleans . If that was our plan, we would take the RV with us. Oh, well, we’ll work it out.

Today, we made the appointments for our physicals for the week of November 30. With lab work, doctor visits, a stress test for me (no problems, just the periodic test every couple of years), and other things that may come up, we thought we would have a busy week. Since our doctor and his nurse understand our RVing lifestyle, they made all the appointments for the same day. Lab work early in the morning, stress test at 1100 hours, more tests for Carolyn at 1300 hours, and see the doctor at 1500 hours. It will be a busy day! Have I said how much we appreciate having a doctor who understands our lifestyle? In addition to the medical stuff, Carolyn has a checkup scheduled with our dentist for the week of Thanksgiving. I love it when a plan comes together.

Before now, we haven’t planned beyond getting the medical stuff finished, so now we can start thinking about where we want to go until Christmas.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

What brand is your new fifth-wheel? Looks like a Heartland. That's what we have and really like it.

Jerald said...

It is a Heartland, and we like ours, too. It's the Bighorn 3055, and I'm amazed at how much room there is in the basement.

Jerald