Sunday, November 8, 2009

Messy Rain

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 68 degrees, high 72 degrees, cloudy skies, rainy

The rain created a messy day at work, especially for the people who have to work outside. Fortunately, most of us work inside, but if we’re going to the containment building, we have to walk about 300 yards on the outside, which is not a lot of fun if it’s raining.

Work continues to move along, and we continue to solve little issues as they come up. No show stoppers since earlier in the week, so what we’re seeing now is more like normal. At the current rate that work is being done, the containment building should be closed late Thursday or early Friday. It doesn’t really matter to me if it extends past Friday, since that is my last day. I have been asked to come back to help prepare for and execute the next outage, which starts in late March. The date for returning has not been set at this time, If I do that, I will need to make sure that Carolyn and I have the time to do some of the things we want to do.

Some folks might ask why we’re going to Glen Rose for our physicals. When we lived in Bay City , we had a doctor that we trusted and felt comfortable with. About three years ago, he had to retire for medical reasons. At that time, we were living and working in the Glen Rose area. From time to time, we had a need to see a doctor up there, and developed a relationship with the doctor that we now consider our primary care physician. He understands our lifestyle, which some doctors seem to have a problem with. If we’re in another state and need to call him for a prescription renewal, he takes care of it for us. He works with us in scheduling our physicals and tests so as little time as possible is used for the scheduling. In other words, he doesn’t spread the visits out over a period of a month or more, but tries to do everything in a week or so. Finding a doctor like this is one of the hardest things that full-time RVers are faced with.

We received the sad news that Nancy, one of my cousins in Florida, passed away unexpectedly. I hadn't seen her but one time in the last 20 years, and my last telephone conversation with her was when I called her to let know my mother had passed away in 2007. That conversation ended badly because of some statements Nancy made. At times like this, I wonder what I could have done better at that time.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Miami, Florida: The Magic City

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: