Thursday, November 19, 2009

Several Interviews Today

Luling, Louisiana

Weather: low 45 degrees, high 68 degrees, mostly clear skies

I spent a busy day at the nuclear power plant, interviewing people and reviewing planning efforts for the outage that will be conducted here in about 18 months. The question might be asked as to why planning efforts are being reviewed for something that's not going to take place for another 18 months. The answer is that a group can never be too ready for the type of outage that this plant will be performing. The group I'm looking at has a key part in the outage, and their efforts could spell the difference between an outstanding outage, versus an ordinary outage. Believe me, outstanding is better.

The people I spoke with were very open and forthcoming about their plans, and shared their primary concerns. I was glad to see that they had many of the same concerns that I do. Now that those concerns have been identified, I have no doubt that they will be solved by the time the outage begins.

While I was talking to one of the people today, he received a telephone call from a person that I consider a friend who had worked for me several times in the past. Mark is working at an outage in Florida, and was surprised to hear I was in Louisiana. We spoke for a few minutes, and it appears he is going to be an important part of the planning process for the project that I'm looking at. When I heard that he was coming here to work, my confidence level for the site's planning efforts went up several notches.

After work, I stopped at a hamburger joint that had been highly recommended. Anita's Hamburgers offers big hamburgers with all kinds of toppings, including chili. I decided to go with the old standby, a bacon cheeseburger. It was so big, I saved part of it for lunch tomorrow. The french fries were nothing great, and certainly not on the level of McDonald's fries. The burger was pretty good.

I finally slept pretty good last night, even if I was awake by 0400 hours this morning. I can only hope I sleep that good tonight.

Good night, Dear.

More later, be safe.

Today's State - Louisiana: Bayou State

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: