Friday, November 6, 2009

New Reactor Head In Place

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 51 degrees, high 78 degrees, mostly clear skies

The new reactor head was placed on the reactor vessel today, and by the time I return to work on Sunday, the outage should be well on the way to finishing up. There's a lot of cable connections and testing to be done, and the rest of the outage still has work to do, but the outage is drawing to a finish. As I said in an earlier post, my last day here is next Friday. After I take care of previous commitments, I may come back and help out with the second outage. My part in that outage would probably start a little sooner than this last one did, but we haven't decided when at this time.

Since Carolyn and I renewed a long lasting custom of going out to eat on Friday nights, we have tried two different places in bay City. Tonight, we went to another new place, a Chinese buffet. The quality of the food was about what you would expect, and there was plenty of it. It wasn't the best Chinese food we've had, but it wasn't the worse, either. I can remember when I would have really tore up a buffet, but now I'm the one that gets hurt. We seldom eat at buffets any more, primarily because we don't feel we can eat enough to make it worthwhile.

I have known the person I am working with for about 20 years. I consider Bill to be the best radiological engineer I have ever met or worked with. He and I have worked together on numerous projects, and when I was building teams to carry out those projects, Bill was always been the first person I called to be a part of the project. Even though I considered myself to be "retired" when he asked me to be part of this project here, it wasn't hard to make the decision to work with him again. Isn't it great to be able to have the opportunity to work with people like this?

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Pueblo, Colorado: Steel City Of The West

Not all who wander are lost.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

bay city has a new italian restaurant called prima pasta in the best western across from the high school. we ate there last night. you might want to try that too.

Jerald said...

Thanks for the tip. We've heard several good things about the new restaurant, but I keep forgetting to go there. Maybe I need to add it to my list of things to do.

Jerald