Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Starting Walking Again

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 41 degrees, high 65 degrees, clear skies

I went for my first long walk this morning since about two months ago. With the long hours the job demanded, I didn't have the time, energy, or inclination to do much of anything away from work except try to rest. After being away from work for a couple of days, I started feeling better, so today was the day to see how far I could push the exercise. With a four mile walk, it's not going to take as long as I thought to get my legs back in shape.

After walking, I went to HEB to see if they had any smoked turkeys for Thanksgiving Day dinner. I was surprised to see that they did, so I picked out one that weighed about 11 pounds. All we 'll have to do is warm it up in the morning. Then I found a couple of pies that should be good for dessert.

Later in the morning, I cleaned the roof on the RV, which wasn't as dirty as I thought it would be. Then the walls were cleaned, which hadn't been done in about three months. Now the RV looks like it belongs to us.

The next task to do was to wash the truck, which also hadn't been done in about three months. The worse thing about cleaning the truck was getting the bugs off. This area is really bad for bugs, especially early in the morning before daylight. It's as though the bugs are attracted to the roads where the vehicles are. I think I had about half the bug population of south Texas on the truck. Anyway, the truck looks a lot better.

Late in the afternoon, we went over and visited Lori. Her family went to Alabama for the holiday, and Lori stayed to take care of their pets. She will be at the Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow at Terrell and Kathy's house. While we were at Lori's, she loaned us some books to read. All of the books had been autographed by the authors, which she had met at different bookstores in the Houston area. Lori picked up her love of books and reading from Carolyn and I, and we trade books back and forth. We also tell each other about new authors we like, or new books that are out.

We had leftover Chinese food for supper while watching a dvd from the library. The movie was a corny comedy with Gene Hackman and Ray Romano named Mooseport. This wasn't a movie I would have paid to see, but it was okay for a checkout from the library. As I'm typing this post, Carolyn is watching Ghost Hunters. Not really my cup of tea, but it's probably the best of that type of show.

Tomorrow's Thanksgiving Day. I hope everyone has a good holiday.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Maggie Valley, North Carolina: Clogging Capital of the World

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: