Thursday, November 12, 2009

One Day To Go

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 53 degrees, high 78 degrees, clear skies

One more wake up, and I'm outta here! Actually, one more day of work, and then I'll be finished with my commitment for this outage. It's customary at these jobs to take 2 to 4 hours at the end of the last day to check out. So, by the middle of the afternoon, I'll be on my way home. Who knows, maybe I'll get home in time for some meditation. If Carolyn is up to it, we may go out to eat to celebrate.

The last of the project's work should finish tonight. Tomorrow will be a day of finishing paperwork, writing lessons learned (and there were plenty), and telling friends and co-workers goodbye. Since I have agreed to return for the next outage in the spring, I should be seeing most of these folks again.

This time of the year is our favorite season. With the heat and humidity that this area has most of the year, this season is even more enjoyable. I have been able to be outside some during this job, and have enjoyed the milder temperatures. In another few weeks, the weather usually becomes colder with rain and clouds most of the winter. That kind of weather is miserable, and is why we're planning to spend some time in the hill country. The temperatures may be cooler, but there should be less rain and clouds.

Carolyn was feeling the effects of the vertigo that she suffers with again today. We were invited to supper with Bill, a friend and co-worker, but had to decline because she was feeling so bad. That meant I had to cook supper, so a quick stop was made at the local DQ for hamburgers. How's that for quick cooking? No dishes, pots, or pans. Easy clean-up, etc. Only one problem - the cashier forgot to give me the senior discount.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Dothan, Alabama: Peanut Capital Of The World

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: