Thursday, November 5, 2009

Lists

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 52 degrees, high 78 degrees, clear skies, light breezes

Now that we know when we will be going to New Orleans, I have been making a list of chores to do before we leave here. Clean up the truck, wash the outside of the RV, check the tires, straighten the basement.... Wait a minute! I'm still having trouble keeping the basement neat. How in the world will I ever get that big basement arranged to my satisfaction? So much room, and so little to put in it. Aha! I've got it. Buy enough junk to fill the basement up. Then the problem's gone. Another problem arises, however, when I think about it. I went to a lot of trouble to reduce our junk and the weight we carry around, and then I want to load it back in? I don't think so. Maybe what I should do is quit obsessing about how straight the basement is. As long as I can find what I want, I should be okay.

Speaking of lists, I wonder how many people depend on lists to make sure they don't forget what they need to do? I started making lists while I was still working full time because I was so busy and it was important to get everything done on time. The lists worked so well at work that I started doing the same thing at home. Again, the lists did a good job for me, and I suggested to Carolyn that she might want to try making a list to keep up with what she needed to do. Well, that suggestion went over like a lead balloon at the time. However, she has become more open to using a list when she has a lot to do, and sometimes depends on me to help her with them. One thing I have learned is to not push the lists on her, but to let her take the lead. Experience is a great teacher.

Slowly, but surely, work keeps progressing. Another issue came up today, but it appears a solution has been developed. We'll know whether the solution worked or not when we go to work tomorrow. By the end of the weekend, we should be to the point that all we'll lack is finishing up. Of course, that's all we lacked when this outage started about 35 days ago.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Pine Bluffs, Wyoming: Frontier Crossroads

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: